Thursday, November 17, 2005

Encounter!

I was travelling on a train, a few months ago, and having pleasant conversation with this hefty gentleman sitting opposite me, who was perhaps short of hearing, going by the earphone he was wearing on his ear. It was a comfort, being in the almost empty AC compartment, a respite from the heat outside. After a few minutes, we ran out of subjects, and I started looking outside the window, admiring the green fields, the birds and the bees. :P Then on one sudden fine moment, this gent says hello, and burst into loud yelling at me. He turned crimson red and started abusing me using the choicest of gaalis. Wild with rage as he was, he started clenching his fists and waving his hands, accusing me of owing him considerable sum of money and that I should cough up at least 6 lakhs by this weekend. I was terrified at this tirade, and was sinking deeper into my seat with every passing moment. With the train running so fast, it was unlikely I could move and jump out of it. Terrified at the thought of what I should do next, I closed my eyes counting from 1 to 10, and started preparing myself for a fight, if things boiled down to that. But fortunately, within the next few moments, he stopped shouting and subsided into a more subtle stance.

I was aghast, and wet with sweat. I removed my kerchief and wiped the sweat off my brow. I looked at this man, wondering if he was another fellow mentally deranged ITzen ;) But looking at me, a smile broke out on his face. Then he apologized and said, that it was his customer online, who was demanding more goods, and had not paid his earlier looong overdue dues. “”But where is your phone?” I asked him. “Oh, it is safely tucked into my jacket pocket” , he says. He removed the earpiece, and thrusting it into my hand, said “Welcome to modern technology, the bluetooth.” I peered at him carefully. He was grinning, but all his teeth appreared to be white, extra white. Perhaps, he was a greater avid toothbrusher than sebia :P

He went on to explain the technology, and then a few instances dawned upon me. The solitary girl, who walks along the solitary lane strewn with leaves, apparently talking to herself (and blushing and smiling all by herself). The salesman, I used to accompany on his pillion seat, suddenly breaking into conversation, and stopping as abruptly. A businessman, standing on the footpath, gesticulating and blabbering on, all by himself. It seems they were all victims of this Bluetooth.

Have you encountered such people of late, or earlier? And what was your impression when you first came across such incidences? (Just checking if it is a pandemic ;) )


talldarkman

19 Comments:

At 9:17 PM, Blogger Keshi said...

lol Tally no wonder u were missing for few weeks...hahahaha strange ppl u have met man!


**I looked at this man, wondering if he was another fellow mentally deranged ITzen

LOL must be ITCC then...



Na I havent come across such maniacs in real life...thank GOD! But ofcourse u know that I have met annoymous asses on the net...who r the strangest beings on Earth...gone completely mental :)


Funny post!
Keshi.

 
At 8:54 AM, Blogger Dewdrop said...

You are back with a funny anecdote :):) Folks with earphones walking on the street, talking, smiling, yelling, swaying, singing and laughing to themselves is a pretty common sight out here. I dont bother to give them a second glance, they might sure be victims of technology or hooked on their mp3/ipods. Its PAN for sure if not pandemic :)

Oh I've also seen some irrational insane people without any earphones or pocket pcs yelling and incessantly blabberig in public places. Those might me members of 'voice your thoughts' club :)

 
At 4:08 AM, Blogger Nisha said...

haha.... poor u...
I can imagine ur face..... :D

Funny post :)

Cheers!

 
At 2:38 AM, Blogger ~*. D E E P A .* ~ said...

hi ...

thanx for stopping by at my space :))))

 
At 2:40 AM, Blogger ~*. D E E P A .* ~ said...

i have seen these kindsa people too ....

smiled at one and realised ... oops !!!!

saw ur previous posts ...

i like it when guys pull out a chair for me and all , but woe betide any guy who dares " keep an eye on me " ... i like it when guys bother abt our safety ... but watch us all the time ??? i carry swords .. ;))))

 
At 2:41 AM, Blogger ~*. D E E P A .* ~ said...

btw , had fun reading ur posts :)

 
At 6:58 PM, Blogger Keshi said...

Tally HAPPY NEW YEAR to ya!

Keshi.

 
At 8:19 PM, Blogger Keshi said...

Tally I know ur fulltime occupation is Flirting but sometimes u gotta blog too...lol..new post plz :)

Keshi.

 
At 6:38 PM, Blogger Łóòň Ġãĺ said...

lol Tally!

Tht was hilarious now!

Tiz happened with me too .... quite a lotta times ...

Few mnths back ... this gal sitting next to me in da bus ... started "But listen honey, i love ya ... o c'mon ... bla bla"
You can imagine wht ma reaction would have been eh! lol

U need to update ur blog at times btw!

Enigma & Deep Forest - Majorca ... tht's the name of the sound track u heard on ma blog.

Take care!

P.S I got someone commenting arnd with my id just as Keshi mentioned above ... so just click n visit the blog to chk for authenticity.

Cheerz!

 
At 5:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi keshiiiiiiii,
I forgot wht i used to call u, well how is it going, its been so long:)I am just using tdm's blog to say hi to u.IM me sometime, I still hope u have my id.
Well take care
BindasSOHniiiiii

 
At 7:13 PM, Blogger Keshi said...

hey Sohniiiiiiiiyaaaaaa HUGGGGGGGGZ! I miss u and the gang lol!

Im keeping well n good to hear ur well too...aww so sweet of ya to come here to say Hi to me...u can come to my blog too :)

Anyways...u tc...na I dun have ur ID :(


Keshi.

 
At 8:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

but u have to create an id sohni

will u be a mouse too?

 
At 3:48 AM, Blogger Łóòň Ġãĺ said...

What tally ... u dont read my replies to ur comments ... and come up with the same question everytime ... lol .... i got tht song from one of ma cousins who had da CD ... so if u want tht song .. i can mail ya ... get a gmail a/c if u wanna ... or do i hafta send an invite for tht ?? lol

 
At 3:48 AM, Blogger Łóòň Ġãĺ said...

you can get ma email id from ma profile.

 
At 5:51 PM, Blogger talldarkman said...

Now on to answering comments :)

Keshi...hiii!

yes...ur anonymouses..and their comments on ur blog are qite famous...:P


Keshi again...!

OK...so I learn one more new thing from keshi...;)


dewdyyy...hiiiiiiiii :)

so u too have experienced this pandemic. pssssst.....Just to share a note....I too am now an afflicted addict of bluetooth :)


icyblue...thx for stopping by :)

yes...we shud hv framed it, when teh guy was yelling at me. *lol*


deepaaa...hiii :)

I would love to watch u all the time deepa ;) u remember that old song??? every breath u take...and stuff.....but it's kinda eerie. and.......u too carry swords kya??? looks like sebia has some company....:P



keshi again....wow....

well thank u keshi...hope u have a gr8 new yr too...and yes...I shud write a new post now :)

cheeesiie...heyyyy,

thanx for stopping by. And...again for teh gmail account. I notice how u anticipate the problems I am possibly gonna run into....when u told me how to get ur email addy....:P

I have a gmail account thx to u...and I get a chance to thank u again when I get enigma and forest..... :)


talldarkman

 
At 7:07 AM, Blogger Łóòň Ġãĺ said...

lol ... check out da next song on my blog!!

Enigma - Temple of Love

and


UPDATE!!!

 
At 12:17 PM, Blogger dimwitnot said...

Dear All,

ITCC would like all of you to see for yourselves how Keshi has time and time again displayed her love for ITCC.

Our staff awaits your arrival.

Happy New Year!

Respectfully,

ITCC

 
At 1:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

TDM, lol I thot I was the only few unfortunate ones to bump into these **I looked at this man, wondering if he was another fellow mentally deranged ITzen** lolllllll
It happened to me couple of yrs back, when I was in the elevator up on my way to the 22nd floor. I was too engrossed with Da Vinci when suddenly this lady, started yelling at me and didn't spare a min to breath with her continuous spells of harsh verbal attacks. I was so lost of words, didnt know wat to do, hoping that the elevator wud stop at the next floor. Jeeze was only a wishful thinking..when suddenly, she calmed down looked at me-cool as cucumber as if nothing ever happened!! Wierd isn't it? Dual personality? Smiles...
Shaloam

 
At 9:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi..
nice blog
and very interesting story here...
and i must say very well expressed..
i saw u did a good research on my page.. ;-)
the pic u have applied on ur orkut account falls in the catagory of manuj's specialization.. so i thought its him..

well dear actually i dont make friends with strangers and i know nothing about u except talldarkman... so how come i ask u to accept that request without knowing u..

nipun :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home